Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wasteful Wasteful Wasteful

Reading glamorous magazine featurettes usually only breeds disdain unless the subject is Steve Nash or Sean Penn. Reading a recent bit on Benecio del Toro aka Duke the Dog Faced Boy aka My Mother's Man Crush aka The man whose picture hung in my adolescent toilet, I have no doubts that you should spend Christmas with very own Jimmy Pterodactylus. Jimmy, the dream is yours and that is everything we strive for and more.

As for me I have been doing my best to place a foothold in this world while keeping Dartmouth in check and checking on Archibald. Last I hear he's in Nova Scotia because he wants to find something real. The thing we're all sort of dealing with here is that on these steps to adulthood it is easy to get lost. Things that should not be cared for are given a booming presence of mind. I suppose it is easy to get lost and wander in insecurities like Moses with waaaaaay more game. However, there are still friends out there who care enough to state the obvious and call you out.

Machine Gun Kelly: "You should really do more. By the time you graduate I want you to have a million dollars and give me one hundred thousand dollars".

With these simple self centered words a change has been struck. As a somewhat heavy drinker I am no stranger to epiphanies. In an inebriated state it is easy top forsee great change and earth shaking alterations to every aspect of one's life. This mitigates the sensation of finding a change that might somehow be applicable. While this epiphany came drunk it lingers into the cold sober morning. (I have been cold constantly for weeks). Eh, maybe I'll be a person I ought to be.

I feel like I've been banging for days, though my dick ain't been wet for months. How's that fit you Lil' Wayne

NOTES

Pride.
Pride should be reserved for parents, mentors, and point guards. I guess Religious Leadership is fine too as long as animal sacrifice is required. The word should not be bantied about like some beach ball but dolefully given to the most worthy. By my own definition how can I be proud of a peer? Saying "I appreciate and recognize your efforts, even though they slightly surprise me" is an awkward phrase.

LISTS (A New Feature)

Things I would say to Philip Seymour Hoffman if we ever met.
1. Thank you for bringing the term "sharted" into my vernacular. I was always stretching for words when describing said event to my girlfriend.
2. Remember in Red Dragon when you were sent burning down the street in a wheelchair? You're a really fun guy to watch being murdered.
3. Ever thought about playing an Albino? Cause, um, nevermind.
4. "Insert something about basketball"

No comments: