Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tis the Season

Today marks the beginning of the World Series and the twenty fourth day of October. It is one week til Halloween. I am excited to find out who I am going to be for Halloween because each year I dress up as the World Series Champion. It was a bit awkward last year, when my team the Detroit Tigers, played in the series and lost. I wore a lot of wrinkles, got a dog, and went as Tony LaRussa. It was a hoot and a half, even if Todd Jones told me I was a disgrace. Todd Jones, what a yukkster!! YUKK YUKK!!!!

A lot of you have been writing in to ask what I have been up to since the season ended for Detroit. I have had a good time back home in Illinois. I have been on three separate blind dates. I got to talk about baseball on tv. I also sent Gary Sheffield a get well gift basket for his off season shoulder surgery. It was returned half eaten. That Gary is a yukkster too!

While I can I would like to congratulate Jimmy Rollins on his season. It was like mine but in sunglasses. Radical!

I am a fan of blogs and have been asked here by my good friend Archibald to cover the World Series for New Hindenburg live from my home state of Illinois. I said Archibald, I don't bet, but he insisted that I would simply be writing about the Series. I learned how to write in College while I was getting my education and figured I should put that to good use.

This series pits the Boston Red Sox versus the Colorado Rockies. The Rockies have won twenty out of twenty one games while the Boston Red Sox live in a city where a molasses factory once exploded. This series is full of stars. Manny Ramirez, Josh Beckett, David Ortiz, and Curt Schilling, are all very good at baseball. The Rockies have Todd Helton, who knows Peyton Manning.

I called Todd for some insight.

*RING RING*
Todd Helton: Hello?
Curtis Granderson: Is your refrigerator running?
TH: Yeah.
CG: Well you'd better go get it!

I crack myself up sometimes.

This should be a great series matchup but there is another contender: Religion. I am not religious but I guess these teams are. The Rockies have credited God for their winning the NLCS when the only reason the Rockies are here is because of Plate Techtonics.

My prediction: Rockies in 4. Mother nature wins all battles. Ever heard of Pompeii? You're about to Boston.

Off to Applebee's to watch the game!

No comments: