Friday, December 7, 2007

A Good Life Despite the Absence of Shuttlecocks


For much of the past week I have been spending my nights sleeping in the bed of one Ms. Jessie Spano. She is the bartender who so graciously provided me with medical care after I was viciously assaulted last Saturday night. In case you were wondering, she is everything I feel a woman should be. I feel like this just might be love.

In other news, it rains here quite frequently. It rained plenty when I was living with mother in Chesapeake Bay but it was nothing comparison to this. I cannot fathom how life long residents of this part of the country have been able to deal with this for their whole lives. I know I would be quite depressed. Definitely much more so than I am and as has been well documented on Bring Back the Hindenburg I am a very depressed person.

I have been drinking a bit lately. Only a drink or two each day. The rain gets me all out of sorts, so I often need a quick jolt of brandy in the morning. Something to wake me from my stupor.

Because of the rain and my fear of the bar Jessie works at, I have been spending most of my time lying on her bed reading books from her "bookshelf." John Grisham is a bit too simplistic for my tastes, but I find Sue Grafton and Dean Koontz to be quite to my liking. Bang up job on Life Expectancy in particular Dean. I really do like these page turners, much more interesting than the things I read in high school. Not as time consuming either.

I should probably bring this post to an end. Jessie gets out of class in an hour or so and she made me promised to take her to lunch afterwards. It really is wonderful, this thing called love.

-AASXLIII

No comments: