Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Who Needs Sleep


Benders have a way to make you feel beautiful, or at least a little like Freddie Prinze Jr. Upon further consideration they feeling is more Freddy than beauty. Sopping wet in your own system, life becomes a slush. Four days of booze, drugs, and sleeplessness? I can go for that provided you're good company. Which I have a feeling you are. The non stop cycle of aggressive and humorous behaviors tends to take you up in it's wash and leave you to wonder how the hell five days can pass so quickly.

Like Freddy Prinze, Jr the luster washes off quick. Without the sleek veneer and momentum of young teen girl appreciations, you're nothing more than a schmuck. 6 hours of sleep in 3 days can do that to you. before you know it, your sitcom has been cancelled after only 3 episodes. And to think we thought Richard Karn had it tough! Oh boy!

Sitting in my place of business I was so tired I almost threw up. There was nothing I desired more than to go home and lie in bed welcoming the oncoming burst of dear sweet slumber. these ambitions weren't so difficult to sccomplish and moments ago I found myself on the verge of exiting my binge and entering the realm of the never world. For added luxury I opted to take off my clothes.

It was a beautiful thing, but by some far fetched reason a razor blade had found it's way into my bed and consequentially into0 my buttocks. Instead of sleeping I am nursing a somehow self inflicted wound on my ass.

I might have left the bender, but I can't stop it from following me. This is the sort of thing that only happens to Tommy Lee or Charles Bukowski. It looks like I'll be making it after all!

No comments: