Wednesday, January 16, 2008

That ain't the way to my heart


Someone carved "Fuck Racism" into one of the tables at work.

While the offender's craftsmanship is to be commended, I find fault with the statement they are trying to make. While not completely at odds with the message (in fact there are intricacies of it with which I wholeheartedly agree) I feel that carving should be reserved for more cavalier statements. Something that will rile people up so to speak, something like "fuck white people" or "Kissinger feeds on da blood of middle eastern babyz." Don't write something pussy or something that reasonable people actually agree with. At that point you're no different than the middle school student who writes "Soulja Boy" or their crush's name on their backpack with white out.

I'm starting a new feature, it's called Since We Last Spoke. Here it is:

My interest in Vancouver, Canada has reached the point that I am now having two to three fever dreams about living there a day.

Robert Downey Jr. and I were at the same bat mitzvah on Friday. We danced while resting our hands on eachothers hips and whispered sweet nothings about the current state of stock market into eachothers' ears. No fucking joke.

What kind of name is Mitt. Is it short for something?

1 comment:

andrew zebulon said...

hey, who gave you that picture of my boyfriend????

(no homo)