Monday, March 3, 2008

I'd like to think rumors of our demise have been greatly exagerated


Dear friends and lovers,

I don't know whats up with us. We seem to be in a transitional period, but i refuse to believe that the Hindenburg is done, especially when there's so much hindenburgian shit out there. So fret you not, just wait patiently while we go through our awkward adolescent stage. Before you know it we'll be flirting with girls and shit.

As I'm sure many of you know, I'm all about this current NBA season. As Chuck recently told a close friend of ours, the NBA is all that we've been talking about this year. If one ignores the Eastern Conference (outside of Detroit and Boston) it's easy to see why. Teams in the west are playing a basketball that neither of us have witnessed during our life time. I really cannot think of a time when their were six teams that could legitimately claim a chance at the title. I love it though especially since my beloved Lakers are one of those lucky six and I really can't wait to see how things unfold. Really though, I have become enraptured by the NBA and it's aestheticism.

There is one problem that arises from this though, what happens when this season ends. Although I'll have to wait and see, I've pretty much given up any chance of liking baseball as much as I have in the past. After the excitement that the NBA playoffs are sure to be made of, I don't know how I will be able to go back to the slow and contemplative nature of the game I used to consider my favorite American sport. I'm sure I'll still be able to watch my Dodgers, especially when Vin's calling the game, but gone are the days when I can tune into any game that I don't have a rooting interest in. Maybe this is for the best though. Nothing tops October baseball of course, but things will never be the same

No comments: