Monday, December 8, 2008

Bobbin & Me





First off, some notes. 
1) Welcome Jeff LaPenna to the blog. If you are one of our Malaysian readers, I'm sure you will find him to your liking. Jeff is perfect for Asia. 
2) I am about to graduate from College, a top 25 University no less, this is an extraordinary achievement and one that could have easily died due to my high school follies. However, I attacked CC with the ardent gusto of a man possessed, passing this gift off to my my best friends. As such, I can walk out my bedroom and see my two best friends from high school. Still together after all these years. As it stands I don;t know if I'll ever be able to grow uop. The prospect of not sharing a room with Nick terrifies me. However, I can't think of a grander achievement. 
3) I am about to finish the novel. Since I was able to read adult books, I considered the prospect of writing a book the greatest of all achievements. I'm about to get there. It might be good, it might not be, but FUCK IT ALL I'VE WRITTEN A NOVEL. The letters stemming from this process are the reward rather than the work. If you don't know and bother to read this, you soon will... 

Of the past year...

It's been amazing, life affirming. Finally, I realize that the life I want to live is attainable. Of course, this is not embarked upon alone. I am aided by the presence and all consuming love of all my friends. 
To Nick, Jeff, Bryan, Brock, Nico, Hoopster, Mucci, Dan, Appu, Jamster, Heidi, Mac-Rally, Matt, Ross, the Pauls, and all others: You've made me feel like a superstar. Embraced me at my highest heights, lifted me from my lowest lows. A plethora of gifts have been bestowed upon this past year but every one of them stems from gifts abided by your friendship. As I go forth, foraying into manhood, I know that, ultimately, ya'll are behind every triumph. I'm honored simply to know all of you and can;t wait to express my feelings in a more succinct form. 

The past year might have been the best day of my life and I can only sum it up in the following format. 

Joshua Tree:
Life is better, more vibrant, and more fulfilling than I ever thought possible, 
Embarking with Jeff, Matt, Brock, and a stranger, I discover my maternal instinct as I mother a Cactus. I fall in love with feeling so free. On the way home, Matt lets me hear my anthem. Hearing this I come to a conclusion: I am meant to write and write I shall. I become aware of something called the Great Narrative, alongside the Beautiful Little Life and the General malaise, this becomes a defining concept of my life. I look for it everywhere. 

Also: 
Matt is a painting. 
Things are melty. 
Jeff is a saint. 
Brock is a gypsy. 
Heidi is a witch. 
Nick doesn't know how to respond to certain things. 
Jeff shows me the Tenori-On. 

310 After Party
Dressed in a suit and hat you guys denote me the Mayor. I feel like the mayor, decrying legislation left and right to eager denizens. Anyone can be anything.  I watch the world unfold with new aplomb. Everything is so striking and new. You honor me. I feel your love. I want to be friends forever, even if some people scare me. 

Also: 
There is a very dramatic fart. 
I discover inspiration in the form of fluting.
We meet Orig. He loves to play Jigglyball because all Origs love playing Jigglyball. 

Playground
Climbing rocks is fun. Some sights are so good the sheer memory will make every thing that follows feel good. I am not the man that Nico is. He is a warrior. I am not. I am discontent and always looking for a challenge. I walk the barren Santa Barbara streets looking for something and find a story. I write that story over the next two days. It is a very good story. 

Also: 
Giving Ross a sandwich is very important. 
The Unitard is bliss. 
Ruined hats can be funny. 
The world and space are one. 
These guys are legit. 

Sundance: 
I watch amazing exhibits of art, science, and film mixed into one. I am wowed as wood takes on a cinematic form. This astounds me. There are pants made of movies, though I don't know how to understand. A visual artist relates cults to Britney though I don't entirely understand.  
I walk. Walk walk walk walk walk through the cold, sleet, and snow. A fire place awaits, rewarding us for our trials. I reward the fireplace with rhythmic dancing before coming to the conclusion that I am a dumb greedy child and that's ok. 

Also... 


To BE CONTINUED!!!!!!!!!

No comments: