Tuesday, February 24, 2009

LA Is weird

A Prostitute either tried to attack me or seduce me last night. I'm not sure which. All I know is, I'm going for a run, listening to some Jay-Z when I see a woman surmisably stranded by her automobile. I take off my headphones in case I get to be a good Samaritan. Upon getting closer I realize the woman is wearing no pants. Fishnets and panties from the waist down. Also, her car is not her car. It is the car of a John. A man sits in the front seat negotiating. Unable to stop my route and the fervor of exercise, I kept going. As I went by she stuck out a leg and tried to trip me. Her face said "pay me for sex" but her actions said "I want to rob you". I didn't know what to do so I ran through her leg, sending her spinning. This terrified me. I screamed at the top of my lungs, a big guttural yowl from primitive origins. I then saw that a pimp was watching from an adjacent SUV. I sprinted home because he followed me for five blocks. Then I got home and drank some Whiskey. Los Angeles is weird.

1 comment:

Sergei Tortoise said...

I don't know if this is an example of L.A. being weird. Prostitution is ever present in many cities, the world over. Also, this may be an example of why it is not wise to go running by yourself during the wee hours of the morning, in a bad part of town. But maybe, I'm just biased.