Monday, June 2, 2008

Phone Home


Celebritydom was not for me, so I ditched that shit. Tom Selleck was lame, Annie Lebowitz forced Miley Cyrus into hiding, and Jeff Goldblum only hangs out with writers. Fret not though loved ones and acquaintances for I am back. Maybe not on a hourly basis like I should be, but at least from time to time I will continue sprinkle you all with further teachings from the Blessed Pulpit of Sergei.


I have been known to disappear from time to time. I never really thought about it before, but have come to realize it more and more over the last few months. It starts like this, I avoid seeing/calling/texting/emailing/im-ing someone for a day solely because I don't feel like talking at that moment, which then turns into a few days. It's around the one week mark that guilt starts to seep in, but with that comes this almost paralyzing fear that keeps me from calling them back and apologizing for being a flake. The fear is ridiculous (one I know really shouldn't even exist), but it has a weird power on me, and by the time I finally overcome it six months has passed. At that junction, what's the point right? Usually after a few more months though, the old heart strings start tugging and the lameness of missing someone sets in and I finally call them. After a few awkward apologies things continue on--almost just as they were all those months ago--but as nice as they might be you can tell somethings a bit off. You just have to hope that eventually things will go back to the way they used to be, or gotten to the point where you both have moved on and reforged your relationship.


That's sort of what happened with my and Bring Back the Hindenburg these last few months. I got caught up with other things and put the Hindy on the back burner. It's not so much that my priorities were out of order, I just took a couple weeks off and then started to feel shame faced and didn't know what to do, so I sat on my ideas and slowly my presence dissapeared from this forum. Like the people that I eventually regain contact with though, I do care about Bring Back the Hindenburg, whole heartedly in fact. And I am repledging my allegiance. There is no reason I can't fit the Hindy into my day to day or week to week life, and that's what I intend to do.


***


Things I would like to briefly mention:


The Lakers are in the finals. This pleases me to no end. They will of course be playing Boston, a team I am still not impressed with. I would like to they will trounce the emerald clad offspring of a hypocritical city, but I fear that it's just my home team bias coming out. We'll see. Perchance to dream though.


Manchester United won the Champions leauge. This also pleased me to no end, but not more than the return of the person I watched it with. I realize that's way lame but I don't care. Fuck all y'all.


The Carter III is about to drop. I've heard it. It is the truth, much more so than Paul Pierce is. Let's all band together and buy it the day it comes out though. It's like the soundtrack of a Hindenburgian life. Right?


Though I no longer have the ideal summer, it does still kind of technically exist. I wish I could wake up whenever I want and spend all day reading, but it's still cool if a bit hot.


***


Anyway, I'm back. And I'll write to you all soon. It'll hopefully be a bit more fun next time.

No comments: